WSI Digital Marketing, a reputable and experienced SEO agency in Montreal, is pleased to introduce one of our network’s consultants to talk about how you can digitally transform your business in 2022. With over 20 years of sales and marketing expertise, Kelly Biggs earned her MBA in 2009 and has since garnered multiple awards including Top Sales Consultant at Fortune 500 and small to medium businesses.
Here is a recap of the 45 minute presentation.
What is Digital Transformation?
Digital transformation fundamentally changes the way that you operate your business and adds value to benefits your customers by incorporating digital technology into your operations. Digital transformation requires an eagerness to try new things as well as the ability to be at ease with failure.
It is vital to remember that customers, NOT your company, drive transformation. The consumer experience must always come first when making decisions.
Is Digital Transformation Right for Your Business?
If any of the following have happened to your company, it may be time to digitally transform your business:
- Reduced (or lack of) referrals
- Repeat business is decreasing.
- Your technology feels old.
Five Ways to Digitally Transform Your Business
End-to-end digital processes keep the customer in mind and should be performed concurrently and continuously.
1. Attract Prospects
The goal of inbound marketing is to attract potential customers to your website by creating compelling content utilizing techniques like keyword research, PPC, SEO, content marketing, and social media.
A successful inbound marketing strategy has the potential to generate high quality leads. You can make the most of your inbound marketing strategies by:
- Creating a consumer persona will help you fully understand your target market.
- Using keyword research to improve your content’s SEO and marketability.
- Presenting yourself online where your customers are.
2. Convert Visitors
When someone visits your website the goal is to convert them into leads and ultimately into clients. This is important because conversions will improve your ROI.
There are 2 ways to convert visitors into leads:
- Traffic focused approach: increase traffic to your website to get more leads.
- Conversion focused approach: increase the conversion rate of the visitors that are already on your site.
3. Close Leads
Once you capture your leads in the marketing or sales funnel, you want to turn them into customers. Sales and marketing automation can help you do this more effectively.
Some of the benefits of sales and marketing automation:
- Create workflows in advance and automate repeatable processes.
- Pinpoint sales and marketing KPIs to increase ROI.
- Personalize the customer experience.
- Increase sales team efficiency.
Email automation nurtures top-of-funnel leads as they move through to sales-qualified leads.
- Use an intriguing subject line.
- Personalize the content.
- Mention the purpose.
- End with a CTA.
- Focus on the reader.
CRM – customer relationship management – allows sales teams to walk leads through the sales funnel using established processes until the sale is closed (and beyond).
- Establish sales stages.
- Set weekly cadence.
- Review stalled deals.
- Evaluate data without judgement.
4. Delight Customers
A key factor to your success is your online reputation. A great online reputation helps build your credibility which can generate more customers. The majority of businesses do not actively manage their online reputations.
Online reputation management (ORM) allows you to control online conversations about your business, because 79% of customers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
Here are a few ways that you can better manage your online reputation:
- Create a process to proactively get reviews.
- Address all reviews within 24 hours. A negative review is a chance to engage.
- Analyze your ratings to see where you need to improve.
Read more about why customer reviews are so important.
5. Measure Your Performance
Measuring the performance of your marketing efforts is another key factor that is critical to your success.
Here are some reasons why you should use digital marketing analytics to measure your performance:
- Monitor performance to spot emerging trends.
- Understand clients’ acquisition, behavior, conversion.
- Set strategy.
- Identify shifts in the market.
- Measure ROI.
Time to Transform Your Business
If you find your business is lacking in referrals, decreasing in regular business, and the technology you are using is out of date, it may be time for a digital transformation. You know the importance of lead generation and converting visitors to customers, but keep in mind the key factors it takes to be successful during this transformation. In order to succeed it is crucial that you delight your customers and measuring your performance.
Ready to digitally transform your business? Contact our digital marketing agency in Montreal today. Our team of specialists have experience digitally revamping businesses in all industries, including helping manufacturing companies with their marketing.