Insights from Your Local Digital Marketing Experts in Montreal
As clichéd as it may sound, in the digital marketing world, content is truly king; the one that can make or break your online presence and business growth. The origins of this phrase are an essay titled “Content is King”, written by Bill Gates on the Microsoft website in 1996. Gates predicted that content is what will generate much of the real money made on the internet. Over two decades later, this still holds true. There is no denying that SEO based content marketing is instrumental in:
- Increasing organic traffic to your website
- Enhancing brand visibility and awareness across social channels
- Promoting customer connections and relationships
- Improving conversion rates throughout the sales funnel
Our digital marketing agency in Montreal believes that investing in content can potentially reduce your overall marketing costs, while offering compounded benefits to your brand and organization. But do you really need to keep generating fresh content? How often should you curate and/or create new content for SEO purposes? Read on to learn more about the reasons and recommended frequency of generating regular content to support your SEO efforts.
Fresh Content is a Critical Piece in Your SEO Toolkit
Before delving into its importance, let’s understand what qualifies as fresh content. As much as some SEO professionals may insist, fresh content is NOT about rehashing old blogs or making a few changes to your existing web pages. While such incremental changes may slightly improve your rankings on search engines, such as Google, they do not add significant value to the rest of your SEO goals.
What is Fresh Content?
Fresh content is about adding new pages and completely new content to your digital platforms. It is about brand-new text, videos, or images on your site. Every time you post a new blog, add a product to your online store or create a new service on your page, you are creating fresh content that leads to higher indexing and better rankings on search engine results pages (SERPs).
How to Package your New Content?
You can reach your customers and prospects through a variety of content formats. Essentially, it means thinking beyond the blogs and webpages. Here are some examples for creating new content formats:
- E-books, video blogs, podcasts
- Video tutorials, FAQs, product reviews, comparison posts, case studies, how to’s
- Listicles, toolsets, infographics, newsletters
- Social commentary, quizzes, industry news
What are the Benefits of Creating Fresh and Frequent SEO Content?
- Increase Your Domain Authority: Every brand with a dominant digital presence strives to become the industry “authority” in the eyes of search engines, such as Google. The more informative, valuable, and high quality your content, the greater the potential for backlinks (inbound links from external sources/ other websites). Increased backlinks and interlinked pages can lead to better webpage quality (as perceived by Google), which in turn means improved organic search visibility and higher rankings on SERPs. In fact, Google’s Search Quality Rater algorithm focuses on expertise, authoritativeness, and trust (E-A-T), which is determined by a combination of the creator, the content, and the website. Hence, ensuring accurate, truthful, and useful information is imperative in order to set your brand and website apart from the rest.
Remember, every small effort in generating new content, counts. Social media platforms may be a good place to start building authority on specific topics. For example:
- Start posting valuable articles
- Leave worthwhile comments on other blogs relevant to your industry
- Answer questions in an online forum
- Enhance Your Audience Engagement and Brand Recall: Providing new or “breaking news” type of information on time-sensitive or current topics, or the latest responses to trending queries will keep your audience updated and informed. However, for truly furthering your SEO goals, you need to:
- Ensure freshness of content
- Strategically target the right forums or platforms
- Carefully plan the most relevant queries or keywords
- Improve Conversion Potential: Creating new content can help you target a wider pool of keywords. Doing this at the right pace, frequently, will encourage the search engine crawlers to index and re-index your fresh pages. The combined force of keyword expansion and greater indexing will contribute to increased organic traffic and improve the potential for conversions.
Make Your Fresh Content Robust and Consumable
An important aspect of new content generation is that you do not need to focus on the nitty-gritty details of your product or service. What is important is to provide information that is critical to the purchase or use of your offerings, while keeping in mind that you are writing for both, the end-users and the search engines. Think instead about spending your time, effort, and resources on creating a good and solid overview that provides value to your audience because it is meaningful, resourceful, and relevant.
As per Statista (in 2021), the average Canadian adult spends more than 6 hours per day using the internet, of which they devote 1 hour 46 minutes to social media consumption, 32 minutes to listening to podcasts, and over 3 hours for live streaming and broadcasts through smartphones, laptops, desktops, tablets, and television. You can tailor your content for different types of consumption patterns while targeting different digital marketing goals. For example:
- Focused or Time-Shifted Consumption: Create long-form content in one format for one type of device, allowing your audience to save the content and return for future consumption.
- Multi-input Consumption: Tag content consumption to another activity for increasing the users’ consumption time on your product or webpage.
- Information Snacking Consumption: Generate attractive, skim-worthy, time-filler content, such as an infographic that grabs the attention of your audience, and yet allows them to multitask.
- Binging Consumption: As the word suggests, create must-consume content that leaves your audience hooked and hungry for more in a single consumption session.
New Content Should Further Your SEO Goals
Fresh content creation should help you achieve many aspects of SEO marketing, including:
- Organic keyword optimization
- Higher indexing
- Greater link building and website authority
- More consistent user activity and engagement
However, new content is not just about writing new copy. It is also about planning the appropriate consumption format and targeting the right audience at the right time. Partnering with a reputable company that offers digital marketing services, as well as SEO services in Montreal will make new content generation quick, easy, and efficient, while also helping you with various other aspects of SEO and content marketing.
Build a Holistic Digital Presence for your Company
At WSI Montreal, we rely on data-driven insights to create powerful SEO strategies that help you build the relevant Expertise, Authority, and Trust (EAT) for your brand.
In addition to content marketing and copywriting, we offer the complete suite of digital marketing services. This includes social media marketing, paid search advertising, website design, lead generation and sales strategies, competitor analysis, and online reputation management.
Looking for creative, tailor-made, and scalable digital marketing solutions? Call WSI Montreal at 514-693-9339 or contact us online. Our experienced SEO agency Montreal is excited to create strategies and solutions that help your business grow.